Got back from the doctor an hour or so ago, with a nice verdict.
Now I’m back in my cozy little room. The only sound is the low hum of the air conditioner. It’s quiet, and people-free, and so warm that it feels like the whole room is one big, soft blanket.
I feel like this is the first time I’ve sat down in two weeks. (And someone has just informed that it feels that way because, in fact, I haven’t. Well, then.) I don’t think I’m leaving this room again till I decide to get dinner. If you need me, I may or may not be easy to find – today and the rest of the week.
In the meantime,
1. What time did you get up this morning? 9 AM
2. Diamonds or pearls? pearls, if those are my only choices. I prefer saphires and garnets, though.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Wow. Um. Serenity, I think.
4.What is your favorite TV show? Supernatural. Desperate Housewives, if I watched it regularly anymore. I have a short tv attention span.
5. What did you have for breakfast? I didn’t.
6. What is your middle name? Joy
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I tend to make a lot of fusion food…mostly because I have limited ingredients to work with. If I’m just eating, not cooking…Italian or Chinese.
8. What foods do you dislike? Brussels sprouts. Lima beans. Black eyed peas. Carrots.
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips
10. What is your favorite CD at the moment? Charlotte Church – Tissues and Issues
11. What kind of car do you drive? ’03 Ford Taurus
12. Favorite sandwich? BLT. With no L.
13. What characteristics do you despise? obsequiousness. stupidity (as opposed to ignorance). Bigotry and hatred.
14. Favorite item of clothing? my Big Green Cardigan
15. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation,where would you go? Glastonbury
16. What color is your bathroom? purple and blue and teal. with fishies.
17. Favorite brand of clothing? Self-Esteem, and Anna Sui – not that I could ever afford the latter. I suppose she counts more as a favourite designer, though.
18. Where would you want to retire to? the country. not a farm, mind. just a nice, quiet, out-of-the-way place with enough land to roam around on.
19. Favorite time of day? late Afternoon/twilight-ish
20. Where were you born? Nashville, Tn
21. Favorite sport to watch? Don’t watch. Would rather play. Else I’m not interested.
23. Person you expect to send it back first? Well, I’m not actually sending this anywhere.
24. What laundry detergent do you use? Downy
25. Coke or Pepsi? coke
26. Are you a morning person or night owl? Night owl
27. What size shoe do you wear? 7 1/2
28. Do you have pets? Two cats: Arthur (Pendragon) and Lilly (named for Princess Lilly, saviour of unicorns, and very nearly bride of Darkness)
29. What did you want to be when you were little? A butterfly
30. Favorite Candy Bar? three musketeers
31. What is your best childhood memory? playing in the backyard with my dog Rex. I was an Egyptian shepherdess (does Egypt even have sheep? Child logic, I tell you.) and he was my fearless and loyal herding dog. I blame this on an early and long-standing obsession with all things Egyptian, and a fondness for the story of King David.
32. What are the different jobs you have had in your life? restaurant hostess, ren faire wench, organization specialist (read: girl who files stuff within an inch of its life) and fabric slave
33. What color underwear are you wearing? purple
34. Eye color? Brown
35. Ever been to Iraq, Kuwait, Ireland? I flew over Ireland on my way somewhere else, does that count?
36. Ever been toilet papering? nope
37. Love someone so much it made you cry? Yes
38. Been in a car accident? Yes, though I have caused none. I can say this with certainty as I wasn’t driving in any of these accidents.
39. Croutons or bacon bits? bacon bits
40. Favorite day of the week? Friday
41. Favorite restaurant? May’s Wok. At least..it’s the most comforting.
42. Favorite flower? Stargazer Lily
43. Favorite ice cream? chocolate chip cookie dough, or strawberry sorbet
44. Disney or Warner Brothers? Old Disney. Or Old Warner Bros, for that matter…
45. Favorite fast food restaurant? Chik-Fil-A or Sonic
46. What color is your bedroom carpet? Hardwood floor
47. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? None
48. Before this one,from whom did you get your last e-mail? Look at that sentence. That is a nice sentence. Most people would’ve just said “who did you get your last email from?” Not this sentence. It goes all the way. No ending a sentence with a preposition here, by golly! Rock on, sentence.
Um, anyway. Last email was from John.
49. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Quite possibly Naquiba, in Stratford. *drool*
50. What do you do most often when you are bored? read. doodle. find an interesting dvd and some yarn and park myself on the couch. take a walk. go window shopping.
51. Bedtime? It varies.
52. Who are you most curious about their responses to these questions? I’m curious about everyone. All the time.
53. Last person you went to dinner with? Same person who last sent me email. Unless you count last night’s ComTrac meeting.
54. Ford or Chevy? Chevy – I am obligated to say Chevy.
55. What is your favorite color? Deep jewel tones <–stealing Deanna’s answer, but I liked it. Another answer to this question might also be “blue.”
56. Lake,Ocean or river? Ocean
57. How many tattoos do you have? Just the one for now.
58. Which came first,the chicken or the egg? Hmmm….chicken